106. LVG C.II
THE German C-class two-seaters ushered in a new phase for reconnaissance machines. Uprated motors fitted to existing airframes enabled machine guns to be carried replacing the carbines and pistols of earlier types. With a rotating gun ring at the rear-brainchild of Swiss engineer Franz Schneider,the first Kampfflugzeuge designs from Ago, Albatros,Aviatik,Brandenburg, DFW, Gotha and LVG entered service in early 1915 and German reconnaisance units never looked back. Peter M Grosz describes one of the best of these and as well as over 90 excellent images of the LVG C.II, including close-ups of engines and cockpits, there are six pages of 1:48 and 1:72 scale drawings plus three profiles on the rear covers.A superb reference package!